Blog Me Stupid, Handsome!
The Will you Should
Logic dictates - Senses rebel
- Write down 10 things you took for granted this morning.
- Regularly, in your head, name
5 things you can see
4 things you can hear
3 things you can feel
2 things you can smell
1 thing you can taste
- Look around you for a success story which is not related to financial gain.
- Think of one way you can help somebody today and do it. Today.
- Art is not the answer. Enjoying art is the answer.
- Give thanks to 'I Don't Know'. If we 'knew' we would die of boredom.
- Free will is the greatest gift we have.
- Mix free will with the five senses and we are back on track.
- Get good at being you.
- Don't look at your feet when you walk. Look up for a day.
- Dress light. Dress well.
- Watch Wings of Desire - Wim Wenders
- Liber AL vel Legis, commonly known as The Book of the Law, is the central sacred text of Thelema, allegedly written down from dictation mostly by Aleister Crowley, although his wife Rose Edith Crowley is also known to have written two phrases into the manuscript of the Book after its dictation.
- Saw man teaching photography to blind people.
- Thelema is a religious, spiritual, psychological, and philosophical system that was essentially founded with the penning of Liber AL vel Legis by Aleister Crowley in 1904. Thelema (θέλημα) is a Greek word meaning "will," which is used in the New Testament to often connote God's will.
- "You cannot jump over your knees." G.Gurdjieff
My intellect dictates that feelings are the way to go....
Breakfast easily attained
Pain in knee gone
Woke in warm home
No workmen upstairs
Monthly income attainable
Huge photo of smiling face holding a glazed cherry on a fork
Conservative looking man drinking coffee from a bowl-shaped porcelain cup
Morning light hitting Windows and roofs of Prague buildings
Black mirror of phone reflecting pop art wallpaper
Oven burn on left hand forefinger
Unknown, forgettable pop song
Muted chatter of cafe customers
Spoons in cups
Door squeak and clap shut
Hard wooden table top
Uncomfortable chair seat back ache
Heat of one layer of clothing too many
Bitter coffee beans
Girl opposite found a friend who makes her laugh and smile like that
Find weekend entertainment for parents' visit
Help move furniture
Witness the distractions
Observe the people around you in the midst of their distractions
Offer respite to both them and yourself with your presence
Let your presence be light
If you can achieve all these things then ART has done its job.
If you can achieve all these things you are truly enjoying ART.
We are blessed with 'Not Knowing'
Feel it, don't rationalise it.
We cannot rationalise it.
If we could, we would disgust ourselves.
Destiny would poison every choice we make
We would be useless automaton.
Be grateful that we are ignorant to the meaning of it all.
Meaning cancels out the need for ART.
Fall in love with 'I Don't Know'
Trust your WILL
Use your WILL
Enjoy your ART
When travelling alone it is wonderful not to have that pressure to enjoy oneself. We also do this to ourselves. Pressure ourselves to be having a 'better' time. Two layers of bullies to be peeled off.
Feel your way into being your best self
....and remember, don't take taking yourself seriously too seriously.
....and just one more thing....
look how good Assem made me look ;-)
I am committed to making this blog as snappy, fun, experimental and accessible as I can. If any of what I post, paint, paste or print resonates with you, please forward to friends and colleagues with wild abandon!